: placená práce, plný úvazek
: Jižní Súdán,Juba
: červenec / srpen 2014
People In Need (PIN) is seeking for Emergency coordinator, South Sudan
People in Need (PIN) helps people in emergencies, both in crises of war as well as in areas affected by natural disasters, and in places where it is hard for people to break out of the vicious circle of poverty without support. PIN is a Czech NGO working on independent and neutral bases with no political or religious agenda.
In South Sudan, PIN has been operational since end 2012 with reintegration / resilience focused programs in Central Equatoria and Northern Bahr el Ghazal. In the current conflict-related emergency, PIN is supporting IDP camps in Juba outside UNMISS compounds. The programs focus particularly on camp management, health and WASH services for IDPs. PIN has also been responding to the cholera epidemic since June 2014 in the IDP sites and in other highly populated areas in Juba.
Starting date: July /August 2014
Duration: 3 months, possible extension
Location: Juba with possible field travels
The Emergency coordinator (EC) is responsible for the timely and effective management and implementation of PIN’s emergency programs, ensuring efficiency, quality, impact and accountability, while upholding PIN’s core values. The EC must manage the project national staff, and maintain excellent coordination with all partners/authorities to ensure the smooth implementation of activities.
The EC works under the supervision of the Head of Mission. The position is based in Juba, with potential travel to the field (out of Juba) based on the humanitarian situation and assessment needs.
Overview of responsibilities:
1. Program Management
• Program management (full project cycle) and achievement of results for all emergency programs
• Monitoring of activities and impact with a view to continuously improve response quality and relevance
• Responsibility to ensure compliance with all relevant rules and regulations (PIN, donor, governmental)
• Regular reporting according to PIN’s internal reporting structure, and according to donors’ requirements and deadlines
• Responsibility for the proper storing and archiving of all required information, documentation during the implementation of the programs.
• Team management: daily supervision of the team (Response officer, Health Officer, Hygiene promoters) and HR management including recruitment, management of holidays, performance evaluation, capacity building
2. Financial Management:
• Responsibility to ensure projects are implemented in the limits of approved budgets through a close monitoring of expenditures, updates of expenditure forecasts, and the use of PIN’s financial system
• With the Finance manager, responsibility to ensure projects comply with all relevant regulations and that required financial and project documentation is archived in PIN’s electronic Document Management System
3. Program and Sector development
• Participation in the strategic design of PIN’s emergency programming, and in the development and implementation of PIN’s Country Strategic Plan.
• Based on needs, conduct of assessments and identification of responses according to the humanitarian situation
4. External coordination, representation and advocacy:
• Participation in stakeholder coordination meetings, representation of PIN in the humanitarian sector and with governmental authorities, and close cooperation with other humanitarian partners to ensure effective & accountable response to emergencies,
• Advocacy within the humanitarian community, donors, and other stakeholders
• Promotion of PIN’s security framework among all project staff, and making sure all adhere to it at all times
• Close communication & information sharing with the Security officer
Requirements and qualifications
Education and experience
• Health/WASH (preferably both) implementation experience in emergency context
• Previous experience in South Sudan (preferred)
• Projects proposal writing experience
• Good management and coordination skills
• Fluent written and spoken English
• Experience with budgets and basic finance management
• Empathy with the organisations humanitarian values and its approach
• Good understanding of and experience with insecure environments
• Ability to quickly grow into new challenges, working within a close and supportive team
• Ability to work under pressure often to strict deadlines,
• Ability to motivate and develop skills of others
• Analytical and problem solving skills
• Ability to work both as part of a team & independently
• Cross cultural awareness and sensitivity (esp. gender and ethnicity)
• Start-up salary 2 970 USD (before taxation, per diems included)
• 25 days of paid leave annually and R & R system,
• Medical travel insurance relevant for war zones, vaccinations, medical check-up, medical and psychological distance support,
• Environment of well-established and dynamic organization, challenging and creative work, opportunity for professional development and perspective in the organisation
Interested candidates are requested to submit their CVs and cover letters to the email HR@clovekvtisni.cz. The closing date for the applications is July 29th 2014. Please note only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted, thank you.