Lutheran World Federation Prague – SharePoint Officer
Lutheran World Federation Prague (hereafter referred to as LWF Prague) is a new organization in Czech Republic, supporting the humanitarian and development work of The Lutheran World Federation (LWF) based in Geneva. LWF represents 148 member churches in the Lutheran tradition in 99 countries all over the world and has its headquarters in Geneva, Switzerland. LWF department of World Service (hereafter referred to as LWF World Service) is the internationally recognized humanitarian and development arm of the Lutheran World Federation, assisting people in need in 27 Country Programs in Latin-America, Asia, Middle East and Africa with more than 9,000 staff. For more information about LWF World Service, please check: https://www.lutheranworld.org/content/world-service
In mid-2019, LWF commissioned a digitalization strategy, ‘Towards Digitalisation’, which identified document management as one of six objectives. As a user of Microsoft Office 365, LWF adopted SharePoint as the most logical platform to manage documents. The transition to SharePoint took place in World Service’s headquarters over 2019 and 2020, however it has yet to be rolled out to all World Service Country Programs. While SharePoint can provide a broad range of benefits, the immediate goal is to ensure all World Service staff are fully aware of, trained and supported in, the use of SharePoint as the preferred document management tool. By doing so, documents and institutional knowledge are not lost, efficiencies are created, and files are secured in a single location.
LWF Prague seeks to contract a Sharepoint Officer to design and lead a process which will ultimately provide World Service with a clear, logical and relevant application of the tool.
Starting date: up to the discussion – the position is available immediately
Working station: Prague
Work time: 100%
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Engineering, Information Management, Project Management, Knowledge Management or a related field.
Basic position requirements:
· Expert functional knowledge of Microsoft SharePoint with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
· Experience in managing the integration of an IT tool across a large and diverse organization.
· Excellent communication skills where complex information can be easily presented.
· Self-driven and able to initiate tasks.
· Able to work within an internationally distributed team, potentially with some travel and under time pressure.
· Ability to be flexible and recognize the capacity limitations in Country Programs, and how to work within these limitations.
· Proficiency level of English. A working knowledge of French or Spanish is a strong asset.
Develop, validate and implement a process which ensures World Service headquarters and all Country Programs are trained and able to use SharePoint as a preferred tool for information sharing and document management. This could include, but is not limited to, the following:
· Lead at least one workshop in which the methodology is presented to key stakeholders.
· Engage with one or a small number of Country Programs to identify their specific needs and limitations, and consider trialing an approach with these Country Programs before rolling it out to all.
· Develop clear guidelines on SharePoint conventions, such as, but not limited to, the location and use of public and private folders.
· Develop and facilitate trainings for each Country Program
· Identify the most suitable approach to providing technical support to users post-migration.
· Identify risks and mitigating measures relating to SharePoint
· Provide monthly written progress updates to the Extended Management Team and other Executive staff
· Serve as World Service’s SharePoint focal point throughout the process.
Note: The SharePoint Officer would not be expected to physically migrate data across to SharePoint. This will be handled internally.
Position environment and dimensions:
|· Internally, as a member of the SharePoint Reference Group, interacts with World Service colleagues in and outside of Geneva, and globally with Country Programs technical staff in view of SharePoint implementation. · Externally, interacts and cooperates with technical staff from related agencies, and other like-minded organisations.|
Conditions/What do we offer:
· Duration of the contract: one year, with possibility of extension
· Interesting salary corresponding to the level of experience
· Possible travels to LWF Country Programs and Geneva (less than 7 days, after COVID 19 travel restrictions are lifted)
· Safe background of a large non-profit organization
· Flexible working hours with possibility of home office
· Czech nationals or candidates with valid/potential work permit in Czech Republic or Blue card holders are invited to apply
Please,address your applications toDominika Nedvědová at Dominika.email@example.com (CV and motivation letter) in English until March 26, 2021. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interviews in the week of March 29, or even earlier as soon as a suitable profile is received.
České fórum pro rozvojovou spolupráci
Vladislavova 1460/12, 110 00 Praha 1
DIČ: CZ71010114 (nejsme plátci DPH)
číslo účtu: 181618095/0300
ČSOB; Anglická 20, 120 00 Praha 2
FoRS – České fórum pro rozvojovou spolupráci
je platformou českých nevládních neziskových organizací (NNO) a dalších neziskových subjektů, které se zabývají rozvojovou spoluprací, rozvojovým vzděláváním a humanitární pomocí.
Organizace ve FoRS sdílejí společný zájem prosazovat vyšší relevanci a efektivnost české i mezinárodní zahraniční rozvojové spolupráce a zvyšovat její pozitivní dopady pro obyvatele rozvojových a transformujících se zemí.
Hlavním úkolem FoRS je zastupování společných zájmů členů a posilování spolupráce a vztahů mezi státními institucemi v ČR i EU a nevládními organizacemi na poli rozvojové spolupráce.